Wednesday, January 28, 2009

doesn't make sense

I continue to question why I am so busy and yet not rich! I honestly do not have a complaining spirit right now, but my life is just crazy. Let me just give you a rundown and everything I've had to do this week: personal training appointment, wellness coach hours, preparing for the move it to lose it class, exercising, dishes, laundry, small group, devotions, farout emails (too many to count), updating farout website, planning practices for all teams, updating mivca website, sending out baby shower invites, teaching move it to lose it, doing one-on-one asessments, volunteering at a school, reading, cleaning, grocery shopping, and pay bills. It's amazing how everything always seems to get done . . . God really has blessed my time since I have started committing more of it to him. I'm struggling with my commitment this week because I've had to get up earlier again and just want to sleep, but I have to make it a priority.

One of the extra things I did add to my schedule this week was helping teach a couple elementary P.E. classes today. It was at an elementary in the Grand Rapids Public Schools district. I had one group of 4th graders and one of 2nd graders. The teacher got my name from another teacher I helped out and needed some more ideas on teaching volleyball. It was a lot more challenging than I was prepared for. The kids are not really focused on listening when they come to P.E. They only get to go to this class once a week for 35 minutes! I tried to be patient, but it was difficult. These students do not have good home lives and 95% of the school on are reduced lunches. Everytime I'm around kids like that it breaks my heart even though they are quite unruly. I definitely couldn't imagine being around them everyday, but it was fun although challenging. I'm going to add that teacher to my prayer list for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment