Sunday, January 18, 2009

blessings

God has really reignited my passion for church. I do love going and love feeling his presence there. I love singing and worshipping Him through song and feel God speaking direclty to me throughout the service and during the message. During every service they open the front up for people to come and kneel before God with their burdens or praises. I sit in the gallery so I can watch the people go down there and I am moved every single time. To see people surrendering to God and to see others kneel with them and lay a hand on their shoulder just makes me think that's what true friendship is and what it means to be a part of the body of Christ. We sang a song called Everlasting God that has words direclty from Isaiah 40 in it:

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Verse 31 of this passage was my 2005 club team's verse and every time I hear it tears come into my eyes because I think of Emily up in Heaven and just soaring like an eagle. But all the words talk about this journey that we are on and that it is long and tiresome, but when we hope in the Lord our strength will be renewed and he will reward us. It was just such an encouraging word this morning.

Then leaving church Dez suggested we go to lunch and it just made my heart smile again and feel so loved. Sundays I usually end up being alone and they can discourage me a little, but today God brought a wonderful blessing. We had a great visit and realized that God was doing very similiar things in our lives this week through our devotional time. God is so good and He really is all we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment