Wednesday, January 7, 2009

so not ready

I got an email from my small group leader asking me if I was interested in becoming an apprentice small group leader. I was very flattered that she asked me, but I am so not in a good place right now to be leading others. I understand that the leader doesn't have to and shouldn't be perfect, but I don't think I could add one more thing nor have the responsibility of mentoring others when I have so much stuff I need to work through. I am slightly frustrated with our small group, but I am trying to be patient and hopeful that we will really be challenged. We are going to a prayer workshop for the next 3 weeks, which I am excited about. That is an area of my life that I really need help with.

On a side note, another cousin of mine just got engaged. It's very exciting, but kind of depressing, too, because she is next to the youngest on my dad's side (the youngest just got married). Don't get me wrong I am thrilled for her and hope to help with the planning, but seriously, what's the deal???

The last couple days have been good. I'm adjusting to my schedule (not getting up at 4 a.m. . . . yippee!) and working on eating well and enjoying exercise (a.k.a. running) and having quiet time each days. I refuse to succumb to the winter blahs!

No comments:

Post a Comment