Wednesday, January 21, 2009

prayer walk

We were challenged in our prayer workshop this week to do 3 prayer walks. These could be adjusted to a prayer drive or run, etc. I did a prayer drive on my way home from practice last night. First of all, it was a great practice -- girls were enthused and energetic, I got to do a lot of coaching, and we actually got better. So, I got in the car, turned the radio off and prayed this whole way home. I prayed for schools and businesses that I passed. I prayed for the families in the houses that I drove by. I also prayed for churches that I went by. I tried to let the Lord prompt my prayers and guide me. The drive went so fast and it was so rewarding. Next time I think I will try doing it out loud. It is so fulfilling to be in constant conversation with God and to know the He has called us to pray and that he is just waiting on us to pray so he can unleash his will on his people. I'm finding I can't pray enough because I have so much I want to pray for.

I hope God prompts you to do a prayer walk this week and that he blesses you through it.

1 comment:

  1. Megan-

    I am so encouraged by this! I struggle with "finding time" for my prayer time with God. I often find myself writing my to do lists for the day and then at the end of the day sighing in disbelief that while I marked off everything, I failed to write God's name at the top of the list, and more importantly, while His name was not on the list, I ignored Him. I take my car time and just BE, because I know that is teh 15 minutes a day I GET! However, I think after this I will take your lead and better utilize my car time! I hope that your Prayer Walk was greatly blessed!

    ReplyDelete