Saturday, January 10, 2009

resisting the voice

So when I lived in Upland, it was so easy to hear that negative voice in my head always cutting me down and discouraging me and making me think that things were hopeless. I got so sick of being lonely and by myself because that was the only voice I could hear. Once of the reasons I moved back to GR was to be around people, mainly my friends. When I'm with them I feel vibrant and confident. However, they have lives and aren't always able to hang out, but I don't really have a lot of other friends. So when I am alone, like now, that voice starts to get louder and louder. I'm trying really hard to keep it quiet by focusing on the positive . . . like the fact that my team went undefeated today and looked better than I thought they would and that I just bought a plane ticket to Florida in April and will be able to see my cousins and uncle who I haven't seen since my aunt died. Also, things like being in a warm house (pretty warm compared to outside) and having a reliable car and plenty of clothes and food. My life is not bad, it's actually pretty good, but it's so easy to get depressed and sad when things don't go your way. So I will be eating graham crackers and frosting in a few minutes, but I will not feel sorry for myself. I am smart and beautiful and funny and nice and it's okay to spend a night alone . . . I will survive . . . I did it for 3 years!

1 comment:

  1. You're incredible Megs. I'm sorry I have been so selfish lately, you know I love you VERY much. And congrats on the tourney, you are such a great coach for those girls!! They are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete