Monday, February 2, 2009

how old?

I didn't think I would be that into the Superbowl this year, but turns out it was an incredible game and we know how emotional I get about intense sporting events. My heart was pounding the entire 4th quarter! I would've been happy for either team to win. I was watching some interviews with Ben Rothlisberger and remembered that we are pretty much the same age . . . yes, that's right . . . he has TWO superbowl rings at age 26! For a split second I began to question my own personal worth and if I had accomplished as much in the same amount of time. Then I quickly kicked myself and realized there is no comparison. Only one quarterback gets that honor each year out of the 30 some that attempt each season. While there is still so much that I want to do in life, I have accomplished plenty. I already have two college degrees, have completed a triathlon, have owned a house, own a car, run a volleyball club, have incredible friends and family, and much, much more. How incredible for Ben, though. I just hope he appreciates the opportunities he has been given/earned in life and is as humble and gracious at Kurt Warner.

1 comment:

  1. oh Megs you always make me smile. I love your intensity about everything in life. you need to remember that even if you never accomplished anything(not possible), you would still be amazing and incredible simply because you are God's daughter, and my friend, Megan:)

    ReplyDelete