Thursday, February 12, 2009

it's always something

As the years go on, I'm realizing more and more that I have a definitely likeness to my father. He has pursued a number of different careers and has moved countless times because of a job change for him or my stepmom. I think it's that we always think there is something better out there. I feel like I'm always going through this. I'm trying to find opportunities to be more full time at the Y or other possible options. It seems like right now a lot of different possibilities are floating around, but none certain. I know I'm being vague, but it just seems like when one option comes up more seems to follow and it's so confusing. One of the things I've been working on is being more specific in my prayers. I've been asking God to open some huge doors for me and to make things very clear and I just continue to try in him. Ahhh . . . wish I could be more specific, but if you read this and feel compelled I would ask that you would pray that God would answer my prayers in a clear and mighty way.

My heart beats, standing on the edge
But my feet have finally left the ledge
Like an acrobat
There's no turning back

I'm letting go
Of the life I planned for me
And my dreams
Losing control
Of my destiny
Feels like I'm falling and that's what it's like to believe
So I'm letting go

This is a giant leap of faith
Trusting and trying to embrace
The fear of the unknown
Beyond my comfort zone

Giving in to your gravity
Knowing You are holding me
I'm not afraid
Feels like I'm falling and that's what it's like to believe
Feels like I'm falling and this is the life for me

- Francesca Batistelli

No comments:

Post a Comment