Thursday, February 19, 2009

the bachelor

Well every Monday I keep falling asleep and don't get to watch the end of the Bachelor until a few days later. I knew Jillian had been eliminated, but I still wanted to see the second hour. I had an inkling that she was going to be eliminated early on in the last show because of Jason's talk of there being a lack of passion. This is the same thing that happen in the Bachelorette. Everyone knew that Jason & Deanna were perfect for each other, but she chose the relationship that had all the passion and adventure. That's what that show is designed to do. The couples go on all of these outrageous dates that ignite all this passion and that's what they think they want or what will last. Jillian's comment about being 90 and wanting to be next to your best friend is so true. Listen to me share all of my relationship wisdom! ;) It's not for me to say that Jason & Jillian would've made it, but I do believe that concept is true. You do need to have passion, but how can you tell on that show if the passion is real or not?

My heart was breaking for Jillian because she portrayed exactly what we all do when those feelings of love start to overtake our logic. She was already picturing her life with Jason and Ty, which makes the heartbreak even tougher. Why do we do this to ourselves? And how do you avoid it because if you don't let yourself fall, the relationship will never grow and develop and those real feelings will not develop. Ahhh . . . the joys and sorrows of relationships. Maybe God realizes that I can't handle that kind of stress right now and that's why there are no prospects in my life!

It's interesting how they are trying to make us believe that Deanna is coming back to the show to win Jason back, but I think she is going to help him make a good decision. She knows she had a good thing with Jason and she doesn't want him to make the same mistake she did.

Now that Jillian has become kind of the "fan favorite," I think it's inevitable that she will be the next bachelorette. Whoever ends up with her will be very lucky because she is very level-headed and adventureous at the same time.

Although these shows continue to frustrate me, I will continue to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment