Saturday, February 28, 2009

baby shower

Today was such a joy! Al's baby shower was today and it went very well. I absolutely loved planning it for her and it was great to have so many people who love Al in one place. She doesn't always do well in the spotlight (unless she's playing volleyball), but no one could've noticed. When I get the chance to do events like this I can practice my patience and flexibility. I definitely do like to be in control of all situations, but God has taught me so much about that over the last few years. Our trip to South Africa was a huge factor. I work really hard at just going with the flow (I know you should work to do that) and not getting stressed out about little things. In that regard today was a huge success and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

Sometimes it still is hard to see my friends experiencing these great milestones like getting married or having babies, but I continue to look at my life and know that God is in control. I just bask in their joy and am sincerely full of joy for them and their experiences. I'm so glad for friends that let me be a part of those things. People like Brittany and Al are so open about things and I know all that I learn from them will help when it's my turn. I tend to get caught up with age, but that's not how life works. There's no rhyme or reason with age, just God's timing.

Anywho, what a blast. Now I just want to meet the little guy and start loving on him!

No comments:

Post a Comment