Wednesday, February 25, 2009

catching up

So many thoughts in my head today. I need to catch up and slow my mind down before I get to tackling my to do list (which is long).

First of all . . . finally saw "Slumdog Millionaire" over the weekend. I remember when Regis Philbin was talking about this months ago and I knew I wanted to see it. It was great. There certainly were some questionable parts, but the storyline was so intricate and the cinematography was incredible. I would definitely recommend it if you appreciate good filmmaking.

A huge answer to prayer came through yesterday. I'm trying not to be happy in a vengeful way, but just happy that an opportunity is hopefully opening up for me. Please continue to pray that God might answer my prayer. I'm certainly going to do everything on my part to pursue this opportunity and I am definitely at a place where I will accept God's answer one way or the other. However, I will never stop dreaming big and hoping that God will give me the desire of my heart. His word tells us to ask and you shall receive. I never want to assume what the answer will be, but rather do my part and pray and wait on the Lord's answer.

So, I've been struggling a ton with mindless eating recently, which is a very frustrating time because I haven't been able to workout because of an injury and I'm teaching a class trying to help people with the same issues. It's nice because I can share from experience, but I feel guilty about it a lot. I don't usually give things up for lint because we just didn't do that as kids, but if the timing is right I like to participate. I have decided to give up fast food (definition: anything with a drive thru) because it's so easy for me to give into a craving without even thinking. I feel the whole point of lint is to remember God's sacrifice for us when we are tempted by the thing we are giving up. This will definitely be perfect for me and I'm open to what God has to teach me through this experience.

Last night I took my club team to watch one of our players play in a basketball game. The girls came over for dinner, decorated shirt, and posters. I love those events because I get to be immersed in the life of a 16 year old again. On the one hand I'm reminded just how old I am because I have trouble remembering what that time in my life was like. I find myself judging their silliness. As soon as that happens, though, I stop myself and remember how annoying those people were when I was 16 because I was just having fun and loving life. I don't want them to lose that because it certainly does not last forever. It was just an absolute joy and I thank for those experiences and the opportunity to be a part of their lives.

Okay, I'm feeling better . . . now I just need to write out my list and start checking things off. Here's to a great day!

1 comment:

  1. okay, we have GOT to talk. You need to fill me in on all kinds of stuff. I wish I didn't feel like such poo. Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete