Sunday, March 28, 2010

vacations

It's no secret that I love to travel, but this time of year I usually take a trip more for some R & R than for exploring (this year it's a little of both). We checked into our sweet suite on Friday afternoon. We didn't do a lot on Friday because we were tired from traveling and our busy weeks to prepare for the vacation (go figure). Then on Saturday morning (my birthday!) we are just taking our time in the morning, which is awesome. At one point, though, I am wondering "Did I really need to travel all this way to relax and unwind?" The answer is emphatically YES! On slower days at home free mornings just fly by and there's always something there that you think you should be doing like wash the dishes, or run the vacuum, or something else. Needless to say I am so glad we took this little vacation because our brains and bodies really do need some time to escape from the busyness of everday life. Yes, it is short, but we are making the most of it. Here's what all we did yesterday . . .

Breakfast (hotel has a hot breakfast buffet!)
My bible study lesson for the day
Wrote in my journal
My own little yoga routine (in honor of Bob Harper)
Checked facebook
Researched the city some more
Got a pedicure
Did a little shopping
Laid out in the sun while reading a book and listening to my iPod
Watched Butler win and make it to the Final Four!
Walked on the riverwalk
Ate a fabulous 2 hour dinner (we love to linger) - I had crab cakes for an appetizer and pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and brocolli and maybe some drinks :)
Went to Howl at the Moon (for free with a coupon), which is always a good time. And they didn't charge us for the 2nd round of drinks we had!
Took a taxi ride back to the hotel, which again is always a good time.

Ah, I am loving life right now. So, this is to remind me not to feel guilty about spending money on vacations. We deserve them and they are so worth it! Here's to another great day in my 28th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment