Thursday, April 1, 2010

dessert!

So I decided for lent to give up dessert . . . oh my goodness it has been difficult! However, I have been pretty successful in this quest and have enjoyed keeping Christ's sacrifice on my mind each time I have been tempted. I'm not big into rituals, but I enjoy this time of year remembering God's amazing gift of His Son to atone for all of our sins. It's a simple way to mirror that sacrifice a little bit.

I definitely chose something that was hard for me. Obviously I love food and dessert is no exception. I found myself requiring it after each meal, though, so I needed this to get myself un-hooked. It did work! I got close a few times . . . I had some cinnamon & sugar crisps, which were close to dessert and cinnamon & sugar toast a few times. I got my chocolate fix from some mochas. But overall, I have done really well . . . no cookies, no ice cream, no cake . . . not even for my birthday. Needless to say this weekend I will be having all of the above!

The weekend ahead is a little busy with traveling and some father gatherings, but I hope they don't overshadow the real celebration of Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment