Monday, March 15, 2010

in awe

I was at a volleyball tournament over the weekend (I know, shocker, right?) and I found myself watching one of my players in complete awe. No, it wasn't on the court (although she did make some great plays). It was actually off the court as she conversed with her family. Her parents are divorced. She switches home about 3 times a week. Her dad & stepmom were at the tournament. Her mom and two half sisters were also there. She went back and forth between both parents with such ease, I found myself being quite jealous of her. Growing up I always felt like I was the middle man between my parents and I was always trying to keep them happy, which was an impossible task. I never seen this young girl worrying about where she's supposed to be or if her parents are happy. She is so sweet and mature and always communicates well with me. I found myself wishing my childhood experience was more like hers. I'm sure she struggles and has her bad days, but it's just so great to see things working for her and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment