Thursday, March 4, 2010

sunshine

As I lay on my couch right now the sun is shining on my face and warming up my body. Isn't it amazing how Vitamin D can boost our spirits no matter what is going on?

One of my best friends, Rachel, who is pregnant (!), came to visit us for a few days and we have gotten to hang out this whole day. Just be lazy, went shopping, went to a movie, and are now relaxing again. The movie we saw was at the cheap seated called "To Save a Life." I'm pretty sure part of it was filmed near my home town in Warsaw and I have wanted to see it, but had forgotten about it. Rachel brought it up so we went and were not disappointed. It is a Christian based movie about stepping out of your comfort zone to make a different in someone's life. It was moving and I would recommend it to anyone. Reiterates the message that God is at his greatest when we are at our lowest.

On a side note, I've been struggling lately with guilt about enjoy times of rest and relaxation. Today it was physically hard to not think about work or my emails during the 2 hours we were at the movie. And even now I am on my computer even when I should be doing nothing. I'm trying to stay away from my laptop and just do nothing sometimes and not feel guilty. I work hard and I deserve to do nothing sometimes darn it! There's my rant and now I'm off to do nothing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment