Saturday, March 6, 2010

things I'm excited about . . .

Spring fever is in full swing and I love it! So many exciting things are happening . . . I'm trying not to look too far into the future and just enjoy each moment, but it's hard not to. Even the plants are getting excited . . . they are all popping their heads out of our garden. Here's my list of excitement . . .

- Running: I'm actually enjoying my race training this go around. Granted I'm not past 7 miles yet, but so far so good. This week for my fast week. Today I did 3.5 miles in under 32 minutes and felt great about that. AND I got a new running top, which is always exciting. Watch out Megan Marathon 2010!

- DU Volleyball: I'm loving practices with the team so far. They are soaking everything in like sponges and I see so much potential. I love all the support to. It makes me a little nervous, but mostly excited for what's to come.

- Traveling: So many trips are on my docket for the rest of the year and I just love exploring different places. This month is Texas for my birthday. In June I'll be in Florida for 8 days for volleyball and I get to go to Disney World. June is also Mother/Daughter weekend at Karen's cottage (we've been planning that since last summer). July is NYC for my mom's 50th. I'm hoping to attend the AVCA convention this year in Kansas City, which is within driving distance of Kansas & Nebraska, which I could check off my list. Then the year will be capped off in Vegas. Oh man . . . so exciting!

- House Projects: Once the rest of our tax credit comes we will be finishing our bathroom, which I can just picture in my head. Trust me it'll be great. Then we're putting a deck on the back and hoping making my window into a door that leads out to it. Then I'm going to have the vegetable garden I have always wanted. I can almost taste those yummy veggies.

That's probably enough looking into the future for now. For right now I'm excited for a nap! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment