Friday, December 4, 2009

who would've thought???

I tend to live with the belief that bad things won't happen to me. This was enforced when our friend who lives 4 blocks away had her house broken into. The thought never crossed my mind that it could happen to us . . . well it did! While I was on vacation and Karen was at her parents our house was broken into . . . ugh! They first tried to get in through my room, but were unsuccessful after ripping both screens. They then proceded to attempt through Karen's room and this time got in despite the locks we had on the windows. They stole a number of items, including our TV, Wii, iPods, camera, and jewelry among other miscellaneous items. After living through this week with our normal "stuff," I am realizing that all they really took was just stuff that we can live without. Don't get me wrong, we're going to buy new things soon, but the robbery was more about these people violating our home. To know that complete strangers were rummaging through our personal belongings just sickens me. I have been encouraged by the fact that our burglars were probably quite young and extremely stupid. They took my old jewelry that I never wear and left our TV remote. Needless to say I hope this never happens again, but I'm kind of looking forward to some good shopping to replace our things.

No comments:

Post a Comment