Thursday, December 17, 2009

christmas movies & a revelation

I made a top sports movie list a few months ago and have decided to list all of the Christmas movies I have watched and will watch this season . . . they just make my heart smile. I'm going to list them in viewing order, not necessarily from best to worst.

1. Charlie Brown Christmas - such a good message from a simple cartoon :)

2. Elf - had not seen this one for a while so I laughed like it was the first time I had seen it.

3. Four Christmases - we were not paying attention when we first started it and turned it off, on the second try we laughed a lot and enjoyed it . . . it's kind of what I go through at Christmas

4. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas - love the message of this one too and I love all the one-liners!

5. Santa Claus The Movie - most people have never seen this, but it's a classic and I love it.

6. White Christmas - another classic, which everyone should watch!

7. A Very Brady Christmas - I don't get to watch this every year, but I absolutely love it. A great story of family and all the original Brady children.

8. The Holiday - one of the best chick flicks ever!

9. Love Actually - such great stories minus the affair

10. Christmas Vacation - who doesn't laugh watching this movie?

11. A Christmas Story - such a classic . . . can never be overplayed

That will probably be all the movies I get to watch. Watching all of them have reminded me that even though my family is frustrating and I sometimes get overlooked, I am so blessed to have so much family. There are so many people out there who want more than anything to be with family during the holidays and they do not have that luxury. No matter what happens I will do my best to try and not take my family for granted during the next week and the coming year. I love them very much and am so grateful for each and every relative.

No comments:

Post a Comment