Friday, December 11, 2009

tv good-byes

So it's not a secret that I am a sap, but more often than not the things that get me the most are TV finales or good-byes. This morning was no different when Diane Sawyer had her last day on Good Morning America. Chris Cuomo, who I love, is also moving on. I had to watch at work and luckily it was slow so I get just sit there and enjoy all the recaps and memories they shared. I tried not to start balling in front of everyone, but the eyes did tear up. I absolutely love morning TV and feel like they are my friends, especially since I got to see them in person this summer.

I always tell people I grew up on TV and it's just something familiar and comfortable for me. The shows I watch just suck me right in, so when someone dies or moves on it's like they are leave me. Anytime I see the Cosby finale or the Friends finale, you will find a balling mess on the couch.

I know it's not the best hobby and I have gotten better at turning the TV off, but I'll always have those shows that get and connect with me. I'm sure the new people on GMA will do just fine, but it'll be sad to see the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment