Sunday, December 6, 2009

how does the story end?

I know I shouldn't read Karen's blog before I write my own because she quoted the same song! :) Oh well . . . it's one that speaks right to my heart.

Back to the beginning . . . I have been running like a mad woman this week. Not for any race, but away from God. I got a very sad answer to a huge prayer of mine at the beginning of the week. I grieve for a short time and then just started running. I did not get into the word, did not pray that much, and just tried to avoid the feeling of my broken heart. Then at church this morning, I realized just how badly my heart hurts and how hard it was to sing praises to my God. Then I just got angry at myself because I was having trouble worshipping because God didn't give me what I want. Really? That's not what God is there for and not why we should praise him. He is an incredible God who deserves incredible praise . . . words I could not muster out of my mouth this morning.

So, needless to say I'm trying to figure out how I feel and muster up the courage to continue to have faith in God and his knowledge of how my story ends. It's like the pages in the book of my life are glued together, which is probably a good thing because I need to treasure this part of the story and not pass up the opportunity to foster relationships and spread the love of Jesus to others. Oh praise the Lord for his incredible mercy because I need it so much.

I guess I'm going to start praying for God to give me a new dream, which is really scary because my current dream did not come through. Here's to hoping that God will put something in my heart that I can pursue and have a new passion for. I know He's looking out for me and I love him for loving me.

P.S. The song I mentioned is by Francesca Battistelli who I get to see in concert on Tuesday. :)

1 comment:

  1. man I love you. how incredibly blessed am I to live with you?! KNOW that God will give and bless the amazing passion that you have in your life, and in His timing He will make things clear to you. In the meantime, we will just keep trying to be faithful, even when it is so so hard. Looking forward to praising God with you on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete