Saturday, May 22, 2010

living proof

I went to the Living Proof event here in GR this weekend. Beth Moore was the keynote speaker and the worship/praise team leader was Travis Cottrell. I have been so excited for this for a while. I did my first Beth Moore bible study this year and it really changed my life so I knew hearing her in person would be awesome. It's like God is speaking right through just to you, but also to everyone other person around you. This weekend there were 7300 women hearing straight from God . . . it was an amazing sight!

Friday night started off a little rough because I couldn't find anyone I knew, but God brought someone to sit with me and I really overcame a lot of emotions to get through that first session and not be distracted by feeling lonely. First of all the music was amazing! Beth's message came straight from the story about Zacchaeus in Luke 19 and had a metaphor of trees. I'm not going to go into a ton of detail here, but Friday night God was really hitting me hard. We learn right in the beginning of Genesis that people were created to rule over the Earth and that it is just our nature to be in control (um, hello?). However, on the flipside each one of us has such a desire to be mastered. This is honestly one of the biggest things I have been struggling with lately because I so desperately want to give up control of my life, but I keep looking for people to do it, but they are not very reliable. These other people or things can turn into the rulers of our life and they always fail. God is the only true king!

Saturday morning I was excited to get back for day two. I hooked up with a lady from my bible study whom I loved very much. She had come with some of her family, including her two daughters. I was sitting alone and then she texted me 10 minutes before the start. I was so glad! Beth spoke a lot about the fruit that we bear, which was very impactful. We had a short break during which I started to debrief in my journal a little bit. I was writing about how I feel as those the hurts I've had in my life have really become my master and until I have complete healing from those things I am not going to be able to bear good fruit. Wouldn't you know it that Beth concluded the conference talking about true healing. It was an incredible finish and I just feel so blessed to have gone to this conference. I'm hoping to really take some time this week and next to study what she talked about some more and make some big steps forward. If you every have the opportunity to do one of her bible studies or hear her in person - DO IT! But be prepared to have your life changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment