Monday, May 17, 2010

breaking through

I have always been inspired by this phrase and feel like it describes a lot of my life. For many, many years I have been trying to break through circumstances, challenges, and obstacles. Recently, it turned into a little bit of running away instead of breaking through. By the grace of God, I am doing something I should've done some 20 years ago and I honestly believe I may actually break through some things for real and take some huge steps of growth.

So, what am I doing? I have decided to start seeing a counselor. I really like her. She is a Christian and I think she is really going to challenge me. I know it's going to be hard, but I also know I need to do this . . . I've needed to do this for a long time. I probably won't talk about it a lot, but if you want to check in just ask. That's mainly what I'm looking for anyway is more emotional stability and the ability to build better relationships with others.

On a side note . . . I've also been breaking through a lot of ground at our house. I am loving gardening and our house looks so good. I can't wait to have visitors over all summer long (at least when I'm home) and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment