Friday, April 30, 2010

growing old . . .

Whenever I get ready in the locker room at the Y, I always find myself coming away with some profound thoughts. Today was no different. I was getting ready as the older ladies were coming in for their water aerobics class. One lady comes every week, but cannot even stand up straight because her spine is so curved. I overheard two other ladies talking about a friend who was pretty much on her death bed. Most of them complained about not feeling good or being tired, etc. It made me sad to think about all that their lives consist of and wondering if I will be at that point in my life sometime. It also made me extremely grateful for a body that still does pretty much all that I ask of it. I hope I do not take that for granted because I know that getting old is inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment