Wednesday, April 7, 2010

proud moment

It was so nice to be at my home church for Easter Sunday. Going home is usually a little stressful for me because I have to run between families and be in a zillion places at once. However, for a couple hours I had a wonderful time worshipping and enjoying the people who have helped me grow into a mature young woman. I also see the same older couple at church who hug me and love on me like I'm one of their own grandchildren. The gentleman told me on Sunday how proud he was of me. I was taken aback a little because pride is what I think of when I think of my church family. They are all so amazing and have taught me so much about loving people, especially children. We have a time of sharing during our services as a way to silently commune with God then share what he is speaking to us. I actually stood up this week and share that with all of them. It was so great to share that and hopefully encourage a lot of them. So many shared their congratulations about my new job and it just made me feel so supported and loved. It will be a very memorable Easter for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment