Wednesday, July 1, 2009

pure exhaustion

I have totally fallen off the blogging bandwagon. The last few weeks have been absolutely crazy and I never thought I'd be more excited for July 1 to get here. I just got back from our last club volleyball tournament last night at 10 a.m. We had a great time in Louisville. All of my closest friends coach with the club and so on the long trips we end up having more fun than anyone (probably more fun than anyone should, but those details are not appropriate for my blog). My team took me on one heck of a rollercoaster. We ended up in the copper division after having a real shot at gold or silver. And what a suprise we ended up winning the division and were there until 3:30 p.m. I'm so glad we were able to finish our season on a win. Not many teams can say that and I couldn't have asked for a better way to end this great season. I felt like a proud mama just watching them do things we have been working on all season. It was terrific. I did lose my voice and got a total of 23 hours of sleep over 4 nights . . . not near enough for me. Everyone kept saying . . . I guess you can do that when you're young. I sure don't feel young! I took a 2 hour nap this afternoon and still feel like crap. Hopefully all I need is one more night's sleep.

Probably the best part of the last few weeks have been the amazing talks with my friends. It is so reassuring to know that other people are struggling with the same things that I am and it is OK. Karen & I are so excited to move in together and have karaoke parties in our underwear and stay up all night talking and just enjoying life. The big day is coming! I haven't packed anything, but I'm sure it will get done . . . it always does. Not many philosophical thoughts right now because I'm too tired, but just needed to write to get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment