Tuesday, April 21, 2009

mama al

I had such an AMAZING experience today - I got to see one of my bestest friends in her new role as a mom! She gave birth to a beautiful boy yesterday. His name is Kenyon Bruce Sagraves and he was a pretty big baby - 8 lb. 14 oz. She ended up having to push for 3 hours and her epideral had worn off by then . . . needless to say delivery was not ideal, but she was in such good spirits today. I am just so proud of her. I got to hold Kenyon for a little while and dress him in his first outfit. He is just so cute! The best part of the day was watching Al just cuddle with Kenyon and then perform basic mommy tasks. I was pretty sure Kenyon had pooped while I was holding him and sure enough when she went to change his diaper it was full. While she was changing him, he was screaming and proceeding to continue peeing and pooping. Al remained calm and just did her thing and was never frazzled by all the crying. Then she attempted nursing while I was there. He didn't latch on till I left, but it was still a cool experience. I am rather jealous of her, although I know that's not where my life is at right now. I am just so thankful that she has allowed me to share in her pregnancy and can't wait to watch this little guy grow up.

So, Allison . . . soak in every second and know that I am so proud of you. You and Aaron are going to be great parents! Love you lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment