Tuesday, April 14, 2009

long time no write

It's been almost two weeks since I have divulged my inner most thoughts on this thing called a blog. I've actually been without my laptop for almost 14 days. I took it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy to get a check up because it was covered under my service plan and I was going to be on vacation anyway. Well, they are so slow and when they found out that I had a virus they wanted $140 to fix it. I went in there last night and said I want my computer and I'm not giving you any money . . . so mad! I hate being a witch about stuff like that, but come on people, that was ridiculous.

Being without my computer was a good thing. I did check my email a little while I was gone on vacation, but did not respond and went almost 7 days without facebook . . . it was a good feeling. My vacation did not go exactly how I would've liked, but it was still okay. I envisioned just driving to the beach for a couple of full sun days, but no one else had that plan. It was nice to catch up with my family in Florida. Their lives are both different and the same . . . I wanted to ask them if they thought I was different since they last saw me. Sometimes I thought they still saw me as their little cousin. Oh well . . . I got to feel the Florida sun! :) I did get to spend some good time reflecting on God's word and writing in my journal. I'm always grateful for those quite moments and the ability to feel God's presence.

I had more family time over Easter . . . what can I say? My family is crazy! Specifically my brother. He shows up after we have all eaten a great lunch prepared mostly by my Grandma who works took hard for all of us. They had stopped at McDonalds on the way because their kids do not eat regular food. They proceed to fill their plates, but I'm pretty sure the SIL didn't like anything except the green bean casserole, which she finally tried after years of assuming she wouldn't like it . . . who doesn't like green bean casserole?! Then they proceeded to get the boys cups of Coke (yes, regular coke . . . do you know how much sugar is in coke?). And they wonder why the children are unmanageable at times. Then they asked if Levi could have a head start in the Easter Egg hunt. Nevermind that Aaron was helping him anyway. What are they teaching this kid? He's going to expect everything to be handed to him for the rest of his life. I pity any coach or teacher he ever has because it's going to be impossible to teach him discipline or humility. Then they left 2 hours later . . . nice visit . . . neither Aaron of his wife said two words to me. Whatever. Is it bad that I only want to get married and have kids so I can show them that even though it is hard to be a spouse and parent is hard, you can do it without taking advantage of everyone around you and disrespecting everyone else?

Life is getting back to the grind. I'm starting my new schedule at work, which I think should be okay. I will never like closing on Tuesdays b/c I have to miss a great night of TV, but TV is not everything . . . I will survive. Spring is always a wonderful time of year that I love. It has always meant change, even more so when I was working in a school setting. This year will be a little different, but it's still a fun time. As soon as I get over this cold, I plan to enjoy it even more. Whew . . . that's the update from me sitting in my bed on this dreary day.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the stress of break. :( Good journal time though is always a good thing. I'm thinking of you right now watching Biggest Loser, and oh yeah, you're going to be an AMAZING mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 39 Grams in a 12 oz. I would know b/c there is one right in front of me:) And my parents never let me have it, that was a habit I picked up all by myself...:( ha!
    You will be an incredible Mom! Looking forward to seeing you in that role

    ReplyDelete