Tuesday, April 28, 2009

biggest loser


It's no secret that I love the show The Biggest Loser! I don't approve of all the physical tasks they do, but the way they change people's lives is absolutely incredible. Recently I had to pick up the closely shift on Tuesdays so I haven't been able to actually sit and watch it live for a while. Tonight was been wonderful! I pretty much cry through every episode . . . a variety of emotions well up in me while watching the show.

First of all, the fact that I get to do a small percentage of what they do on a daily basis is a gift. People come to me with so many issues that have caused them to be overweight and they are at their wits end of how to fix their situation. I am no savior in this field, but to have a small part in helping my clients change their lives is such a blessing.

The thing that makes me the most sad is having family members that need that same experience so badly. My brother in particular is in such bad shape it's almost like he is dying right in front of my eyes. He is so sensitive if anyone mentions his weight so we're constantly tip toeing around the topic, but we all want to help him so badly. It's like having a family member who smokes and you want to help them quit so badly, but it's up to them to decide to change that behavior and give it up. My mom finally made that change almost two years ago after years of nagging her. I don't want it to take years for my brother to wake up and realize what he is doing to his life and to his family. I pray all the time (probably not enough though) that God would allow me in some way to help him, but nothing has happened yet. I just hope it's not too late before he gets it together. God is the only one that can change him.

I'm just so excited about all the people that get inspired by this show. I know it's TV and there are a lot of other factors that take away from the good stuff on the show, but I love it. Weight is such a struggle for so many people and when they finally realize they are in control of their actions and behaviors and that THEY CAN change their life . . . ahhh it gives me goosebumps!

No comments:

Post a Comment