Monday, April 20, 2009

coaching blessings

This past weekend was kind of a struggle for my team. We were down to 7 players again with a not so ideal line-up and we played some tougher competition. My team started off really well and then we went through our normal struggle against better teams. I spend 80% of the time convincing them to just have fun no matter who were are playing and just give it their all. We lost 3 of our 4 matches in the 3rd game some 15-13. I think that made the losses a little more frustrating because we were so close to winning so many of our matches. Every time we would lose, though, I couldn'tbe mad at them because they did put forth ample effort, we just couldn't execute. Although I wasn't really made, I did wear my frustration on my face a little too much.

This morning I check my email and Brandon, my assistant, has emailed everyone. He has never done this and I was a little perturb at first. Then I read it and he was so encouraging to the girls and right on with everything. Then I got an email from one of the parents. I coached her older daughter on a much better 16s team. She was so encouraging about how much the girls have improved and how much fun they are having. I was totally on the same page with her, but it was just so wonderful to get emails like that today. Although it is very tiring, coaching is so rewarding . . . I am so glad God gave me the abilities to do this profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment