Saturday, January 16, 2010

food for my soul

It has purposely been a while since my last post. Honestly I could write something on here everyday, but I have been in somewhat of a funk since the New Year began and I did not want to start off on a depressive & negative note on my blog for 2010. So much like I do with life I just avoided the topics I've been struggling with and continue to have a screaming match with God.

My one saving grace during this phase has been the club team I am coaching. I have 15 year olds this year (freshmen). They have so much to learn in terms of volleyball, which means I'm exhausted after EVERY practice. However, they work so hard and handle everything I throw at them and they have laughed together from day one. It's a very diverse group so for them to be so comfortable with each other so soon is such a success to me. While some coaches may dread the extra commitment in their schedule, I would be lost without it and I'm so thankful for this opportunity I have.

They actually sleptover at the Ganderson last night and I just sat in my room laughing at their funny stories and constant laughter. We have our first tournament today and I'm looking forward to see how they bond during a competitive situation. Should be fun assuming they got enough sleep last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment