Tuesday, June 8, 2010

plate spinner

It feels like everywhere I turn everyone keeps asking how I'm doing . . . usually my answer is fine followed by I'm just trying to juggle everything. Most days I feel like someone spinning about 10 plates and I have to constantly work to keep them all spinning. I am so ready to just throw a bunch of them out of the window because my life is exhausting!

This last week and weekend was pretty much the epitome of my life right now. I ran from the Y to DU to FaR Out to the house to bible study to counseling and who knows what else. This weekend we had the AAU State Tournament in town, which I was really excited about because I felt like it was going to be a great weekend for my team. I went from coaching them Saturday morning to recruiting in the afternoon to helping set up to host courts on Sunday at Davenport to an open house. I finally got home around 9:15 after sitting for about an hour all day. I was so excited for a full night's sleep because I had to get up at 6 a.m. the next day. I was snuggling in and falling asleep when I heard a loud boom and our power went out. I looked out the window to find that part of our neighbor's dead tree had fallen onto our front porch knocking down all of our power lines and messing up the front porch. I was so hysterical because I was so exhausted. I got very little sleep due to the adrenaline and the power company coming at 1:30 a.m.

The next day I was back in the gym. My team had a rough start, but rebounding well. We pulled out some close wins and ended up finishing 2nd overall . . . it was pretty awesome! The sad thing was I wasn't able to fully enjoy it because I was still running around recruiting, I could barely stay awake, and I had a 2 hour mandatory meeting at the Y. I'll be the first one to say that I like being busy, but this is getting ridiculous. I'm hopeful for the day when I can put all of my energy into one thing and make it great. Hopefully God will provide so that will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment