Monday, September 28, 2009

crazy love

A couple months ago I sat in a meeting preparing myself to let go of something that I love with my whole heart and that is a part of my soul. I was so sad to let go. That is a mark of my life . . . my passion and how I throw my whole self into the things I love. Some people avoid loving like that because they are afraid of the hurt if they lose what they love. I never thought I would take that attitude. That was until the other night when I was speaking with a friend and I made the comment that I was unsure of the future of our organization and I just don't feel like investing myself. Last night I thought of my comment and couldn't believe I said that. I was convicted while at a kickoff event for our new church wide study of a book called Crazy Love. It is an excellent book that is centered on the reciprocation of the amazing, crazy love God showed for us by sacrificing his Son to forgive our sins and promise us eternal life. That is a huge investment in sinful people that constantly let God down. After being reminded of that, I couldn't believe the attitude I was taking. The investment is so worth it and I'm so glad that I have the opportunity to invest myself again with this organization.

We are starting the study on this book in a couple weeks and I cannot wait to see what God does through it. God keeps hinting that big things are coming . . . eeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment