Sunday, October 18, 2009

quick words

The craziness of life is upon me, but even in the midst of work, prep for housewarming, and club vb starting God has been speaking so loudly and clearly to me. I am so grateful for what he is doing in my life . . . the thing that is frustrating is that I don't have enough time to just sit and reflect on his words. I wanted to note a few quick reflections that I hope to expand on soon.

*I'm working on balancing a healthy fear of God with returning his unconditional love for me.

*I want to speak/respond to God like I would a friend and I want to respond to my friends like that . . . not just sharing about me even though that's all I want sometimes and no one asks.

*God's love for us is so incredibly awesome . . . and he wants us to love him in the same way . . . WOW!

*When I look at my to do list I find myself constantly saying "I can do this." I cannot do anything, though, God is in control of all things . . . not me.

*We cannot run from our history, it will forever be connected to our destiny. This is a hard one I am working through.

Ahhh, there's so much more. I'm just grateful that God wants to talk to me and wants my reciprocal love and has blessed me with incredible friends. Life is terribly hard at time, but God is good ALL THE TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment