Tuesday, September 22, 2009

new beginnings

First of all, I love fall! Not only the colors, sports, sweathshirts, and food, but the time for new beginnings. I've taken on a couple new things this fall to help me achieve some goals I've set for myself.

Number 1 - the end of my fat summer. The summer is the time where I say yes to anything and everything and thus my pants are starting to get too tight! For the last 3 weeks I have been diligent about my food (logging what I eat online) and exercising like crazy. So far so good. Hoping my body responds the way I want it to and that I can stick with it even when volleyball starts. It also makes me feel better about asking the same things from my clients.

Number 2 - c0-leading my small group. Our original leader had to step down b/c she doesn't attend our church anymore. Another girl and I are doing it and are so excited about it. God has placed it on both our hearts that God has big things in store for our group. It is a challenge for me, though, to get back on track and be disciplined about the things that go with leading the group.

Number 3 - reach out at church and meet new people. To accomplish this, I joined a Beth Moore bible study that meets on Tuesday mornings. I went to the first meeting today and discovered that I was the only single, non-mother in the whole group of about 30 women! I've been praying for an older mentor to come into my life so I'm hopeful that God has someone for me in that group. It looks like a great study that will challenge me to really dive into God's word. It's really going to challenge me to connect with others, but I'm excited about it.

Here's to a great fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment