Tuesday, March 10, 2009

feeling old

This weekend I rode with a player from my team and her mom. It worked out great and they were terrific traveling partners. On the way home, the mom was driving and listening to radio stations playing old country songs. When I realized that I was singing to most of the songs, it occurred to me that I must be old, too! With my 27th birthday right around the corner and my metabolism slowly down a little bit . . . I'm starting to feel the affects of age. I know I am not "old," but I am certainly not young anymore. I don't want to be someone who lies about their age or gets so depressed about their age, but it is hard not to think about it. I won't even mention how it is made worse by constant comments about finding a husband.

Last night at small group we talked about the fact that God has created us for one purpose - to magnify his name. I get so caught up in finding my purpose in life and know which direction to take, etc. that I pass by the here and now moments. I don't want the day to come when I am 40 and all I can do is remark about how fast time has flown. I want to soak in every moment of every year and live it to the fullest!

1 comment:

  1. Megs, I so feel you about being old. And it's not that we're old, we're just not young, like we were. I feel it too!!! But you're so right, our purpose is in the here and now, and it's all about God, not us, which is so refreshing to remember. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete