Friday, March 20, 2009

emotional tv viewer

Going on little sleep and a slightly frustrated attitude, I laid in bed watching Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice last night. Grey's Anatomy, especially, just pulled at my heart strings last night. I know that Izzy is a tv show character, but this story about her cancer just got me. How often do we just pull away from all the people who love us when we really need them the most. We can be afraid to ask for help when we need it. I know if anyone I loved had a medical issue, I would be there in a heartbeat to support them, pray for them, and just love them. I would be so hurt if someone tried to go through an event like that by themselves without asking for help or at least allowing themselves to be open to help. I don't know if I was putting myself in her position or someone I loved, but it was still hard to watch. I hope none of us ever have to go through that, but with the prevelancy of cancer it is inevitable. May God protect us.

No comments:

Post a Comment