Wednesday, February 24, 2010

scary moment

So I thought today was just another normal day and tonight another normal practice with my club team. I should've know better as the texts & calls started to come in. Usually when there's one, there are more to follow. First, "do we still have practice?" Second, "I'll probably be late." Third, "I'm sick and can't make it." Fourth, "My back is feeling sore so I might be a little off tonight." Fifth, "Paige was just in an accident." That's when things started to get a little scary.

We didn't get a lot of snow, but it came at just the right time to make traveling treacherous. One of my players was coming to practice with her mom when they lost control of their vehicle. As they were spinning on the highway, they were clipped by a semi and were spun again only to be hit by another car that simply knocked them into the ditch and stopped the car. Amazingly, the semi clipped the back end of the car and no one was injured. Paige called one of the other girls to let her know what had happened and was in absolute panic. She still made it to practice, which was probably a good distraction for her because it took her mind off of things. I didn't find out the details of the accident until later in practice and I could barely listen. I couldn't help but think if the semi had hit just a second later or earlier what could've happened. I know God wouldn't give me anything I couldn't handle, but if I ever have to go through losing a player again I know my spirit would be shaken. I don't know why he allowed them to walk away from that crash, but I know that God is the reason the did and I am so grateful. Thank you father.

No comments:

Post a Comment