Sunday, November 1, 2009

here we go

About 2 months ago I made a commitment to get my health and fitness back on track after my "fat summer." I take this whole concept kind of seriously given my profession, but have also been trying to overcome some of my bad eating habits that I have dealt with most of my life. Basically I like food, but there are days and moments where it goes to the extreme and I can't stop eating.

Anywho, I had a great 3 weeks of working out and eating well. Then I got sick and tried to stay on track with working out, but all of my bad eating habits started rearing their ugly head. I did get to the point where I lost 5 pounds, but after our housewarming party last weekend gained 3 of them back. I doubt I'll get back on the scale this week after all the Halloween candy I ate this weekend.

These goals that I have set for myself are not about being skinny or beautiful because I know that I am beautiful. It's more about being healthy and fit and quicker and having control over my actions. I was empowered by a verse last week in my Beth Moore bible study on Esther. It's Deuteronomy 33:25 and is a prayer that God will make my gates as strong as iron and bronze and that my strength might last all of my days. I cannot fight this battle on my own . . . but with God's strength and power I just might be able to overcome these temptations that lie ahead of me. Halloween was already a disaster with Thanksgiving & Christmas right around the corner. Like I said I AM trying to lose some pounds, but not to be happier. I want to prove I can do it because I try to help others do it everyday. So Monday is a new start and I will follow the same guidelines I give to my clients . . . take it one meal, one day at a time. Here goes nothing . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment