Thursday, August 6, 2009

family

I know they are not perfect and sometimes I complain about them, but I love my family. My mom and dad's side are extremely different, though. My mom's side is a lot smaller. We are sarcastic with one another and mostly like sports. My dad's side really values extended family and is a lot bigger. My grandpa has two brothers . . . between the 3 of them they have 11 children and 30 grandchildren. We have a get together at Christmas time that is a lot of fun. I really value that history and tradition of the Garners. We have relatives who were Quaker pastors and most of the family still attends the Friends church. I don't get to be around all my cousins as much as I'd like, but last weekend many attended a bridal shower for my first cousin Lindsey who is getting married next weekend. My Grandma said it used to be a tradition to have a couples shower for whoever was getting married. I think that is such a great idea because it just another reason for everyone to get together. During the shower we were asking Lindsey & Mike questions then were discussing all the marital wisdom that was in the room. Between my Grandpa and Great Uncles, they have been married for 163 years! I just think that is incredible!



I just feel so blessed to be a part of that family. I can't wait to honor them at my wedding someday.

1 comment:

  1. Megan I can't even begin to express my pride in our family until I was celebrating gma and gpas 50th aniversary a couple summers ago. It's incredible that we come from such a strong family with strong family values. What great examples we have in them. I strive to keep that family spirit alive when seeking out a life partner because family is something always has and always be that important! We are truly blessed every day to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete